
I asked Bella how she felt this morning, and this is how she reacted!! We went to meet her teacher & check out her classroom last night at 'back to school night'. (My friend took a pic of her teacher...I'll have to add it later) I could tell she was a little bit nervous because she was right by my side the entire time. She was surprised to see so many familiar faces in her new class. I bet there was about 12 kids that she knows and 2 same street neighbors. I think she will enjoy 1st grade!! We went to take a little tour of the school since it is a different one than last year. We got to meet the gym teachers and the principal...highlights of the evening! When we got home I remembered that I didn't show where I'd be picking her up and where she can park her bike.....things that are important to us mom's that are having a really hard time letting their little girl off to 1st grade. (wiping tears...) I don't know why I am having such a hard time with letting her go this year. Last year was a piece of cake compared to ALL day.. not seeing her for 6 hours a day..30 hours a week. What is it going to be like when I can't take her to school, put love notes in her lunch box everyday or even kiss her goodbye in front of her friends without her little cheeks turning red from utter embarrassment? Oh well, for now I will enjoy writing the notes, walking her to school and kissing her madly in front of her friends...and I'll love every minute of it!! (wiping more tears...JEEZ, and I'm not even pregnant!)

I woke up and made Isabella's favorite breakfast this morning, pancakes & turkey sausage. Gathered her things then Luke & I were off to walk Izzy to school. We got there in plenty of time for playing on the playground, but Bella didn't want anything to do with it. She stayed clinched to my side till the school bell rang. It flashed me back to 3 years ago when our family decided to go to the annual Easter egg hunt here in town. Bella was sooooo excited!! She had her basket and she was READY to pick up the eggs at any given time. Then the gun shot went off. She panicked, not because of the shot itself...it was the madness that followed. People everywhere! Parents trying to pick up eggs for their children, pushing, people screaming...kids crying (Bella). This is what it reminded me of because Bella all of a sudden dug her nails into me and ALMOST started to cry. Similarly, kids were screaming, parents everywhere...MADNESS! Luckily she found a friend who stood in line with her and the chaos only lasted a couple minutes. Then just like that my baby was enjoying her 1st day of 1 grade! What she didn't see was that, on what seemed to be like THE longest walk home, I was bawling most of the way! Luke kept looking up at me..like why in the world are crying mom? He asked why I was crying and I told him that I was going to miss Bella today and he said that he was going to miss her too. Then he said, "I'll race you up the dirty way mom!" (there is a "dirty"-dirt path option or the sidewalk) And somehow that made it all better... for the moment.

Thanks Aunt Becky for Luke's wardrobe in this picture!! This is my new fav outfit!! Well, Izzy had a GREAT first day! She already has homework and she just found out that her class will be taking their first Field trip next Friday to the fair. She LOVES her teacher and from what I have heard about her...she's amazing! I get to go to the fair with her class to help out so I am excited to get to know some her fellow classmates, teacher and take pic's!! Her teacher gave us some homework of our own. They did this last year also..."What are some things we should know about your daughter?"...strengths and such. I'm such a baby, I made Jordan fill it out because I didn't want to become an emotional wreck for about the umpteenth time again. Then I kept saying, "Oh don't forget to put this....don't forget to put that..." Jordan just looked at me & said, "Are you sure you don't want to just fill this out yourself." ...me..."Yes, I'm sure dear!" I plan on volunteering in her classroom and look forward to spending some one on one time with Luke, as I was not able to do that last year as much as I would have liked because I was watching Emma. Oh yeah, I plan on squeezing some serious cleaning time in too!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment