Before we arrived at the Goffredo Family reunion we stopped at the Jeppson Family Ranch. We spent 3 nights with the fresh Idaho air! Dad kept saying, "You smell that June?" referring to the fresh air! Cute!! We arrived pretty late and were welcomed by a sleepy Grandma & Grandpa Jeppson who got out of their comfy bed to say a quick "Hi & hugs & kisses!" Well, and they opened the door for us too! We are thankful for that!! The kids were thinking that we might have to sleep in the car till morning & were quite concerned about the bears. Mom & I greeted a couple of the mornings with some really nice walks. One of which was all the way to the forest line and back. By the way Mom, Jord and I timed it...just over 2 miles there and back. Wow a 4 mile walk was good for both of us! I learned some things about her that I didn't know before...like the first time she said "no" to dad, stories about all the bear sightings they've had since she's been up there, her willingness to prove that she CAN & did get a college degree with 8 children (Jordan being 3-5 or so at the time), the property Grandpa Jeppson used to own & many more wonderful conversations!! I love & cherish one on one time family!!

NO make-up, no worries & no curfew on bedtime!!
Here are some fun things we did while relaxing at the ranch...
Put together a USA puzzle!

Had a much needed massage! Thanks Bella! You are HIRED!

Put together another puzzle!
Made silly faces while watching "ENCHANTED!"

Many snuggles!!
Enjoyed hearing the wind and river right outside the window during breakfast. Grandpa is having his usual...grape nuts, granola, grapes, yogurt, bananas & milk. Did I forget something? Thanks Dad, now Luke wants all the "special" items in his breakfast too! That's actually a good thing!! You are a very good example to them!!!
Taking a hike (sort of)...
Going on hike to the river. Well, OK maybe almost making it to the river...breaking down all the growth, tromping through sagebrush, swating biting bugs, losing the path (due to overgrowth), only 2 known mosquito bites (on same person), and not quite making it to the river...but hey, the adventure was FUN!!!
Did I mention we did a couple more puzzles...Again, Again & Again!!

Despite the
mean faces you see in this picture, the kids, Jord & I had a wonderful time bonding with Grandpa & Grandma Jeppson!

Grandma we love and miss both of you & can't wait to see you again in 4 weeks!!!

Thank you Grandpa & Grandma Jeppson & John & Heather for letting us stay at the BEAUTIFUL Jeppson Ranch!! Love & Kisses, Jord, Amanda, Bella & Luke
No comments:
Post a Comment