Friday, July 25, 2008

Cherry Pick'in...

Wednesday night I was talking to Stephanie ( a really good friend & neighbor). She mentioned that she'd been wanting to go pick cherries. I told her I have been wanting to do this too...but the cost of gas just to get up there (about 40 min. away) just didn't ever seem worth it. Well, when she said that she would drive how could I resist??? So, Tuesday morning we headed to Greenbluff with all our kids to go do some cherry pick'in! Neither of us had done this before so we really didn't know what to expect. The wonderful thing about Greenbluff is that there are so many farmers to choose from. We drove all around until we picked one called Orchard ??something (bad bad memory!!). It was the cutest place! We have been up to Greenbluff before to pick apples, pumpkins & peaches many times before but had never stopped at this place. We just grabbed a bucket and all & any of the trees were open for pick'in. The kids had a GREAT time! We needed a ladder to pick a lot of the cherries but Kennedy & Luke did some exploring of their own and were able to find some trees that were their perfect size. They were beaming when they saw they could actually reach and pick some on their own! I was surprised to see that they had picked so many (they had to share a bucket of course!).

Luca & Kennedy

Tell me, doesn't this look like FUN?

Bella showing off her cherries! Luke & I going for the "high ones, momma" he said.


Kennedy & Luke. Riley & Bella.

I gave Steph a hard time because I didn't realize she had her glasses on for the picture. She said it's because she wasn't wearing any make-up! I think Bella has a nice future ahead of her in photography! Nice baby!

No comments: