Luke picked edible
playdough out of the Summer Fun Jar on Monday. I decided to make it into a little cooking lesson (we have to mix summer school in
somewhere, right?). The kids LOVE cooking & baking with me!! Most of the summer fun ideas I got out of my mom's cookbook she made a couple years back. The
Goffredo Family Cookbook (highly secretive! Just joking! I believe in sharing recipes!! Plus the
likelyhood (is that even a word??) that others will actually make my recipes are slim to none...just because there's really nothing "simple" about most of them). Yes, Isabella I have saved you and your brother a copy for when you have a kitchen of your own! This Edible
playdough recipe I got from a magazine years ago. It's pretty yummy, especially if you like peanut butter! First, you need to find some MORE than willing helpers!

Then in a mixing bowl, stir together 1 cup oats with 1/2 cup of dry non-fat
Pow'd milk.


Next, add 1 cup of
peanut butter (creamy or w/ nuts). For the final ingredients...add 1/4 cup of honey. You will want double this if you have more than 2 kids.


After lots of taking turns stirring. Enjoy the creativity!


Bella with her version of a snowman! Luke had fun just making "cookies."

The kids had so much fun with this playdough that they played with it for almost an hour! I thought for sure it would be gone by then. I love doing these things with my kids! It makes me happy (most of the time) and It's so fun to see their eager little faces learn something new!
No comments:
Post a Comment