
Last night after the kids were in bed I decided to finish up canning peaches. I could really use some help so I decided to invite Bella to my late night "party". She thought it was THE BEST!! Especially since Luke was not invited & she got to get out of bed! She really did help me so much! First I had her wash the jars (which I had to buy new ones this year because I have used my others so much).


She loved learning something new. She has seen me make jam before but nothing like the big process of canning peaches. Boy was she in for a surprise!
She even picked up on peeling the peaches like a pro. Luckily the Red Havens were super easy to peel. We didn't even have to boil them first!


She was the official "fruit fresh putter inner". And stirrer of course!

I feel so blessed that our children LOVE fruit! They love all kinds and are really not picky about the skin or anything for that matter! Well, this picture shows the truth to that statement. This was the "discard" bowl... I turned around to see her eating the skins and sometimes the pit. Ahhh Bella, NICE!!! And I had a super fun night with you!!! Let's do it again next year!!! We tried to dehydrate some (our favorite!)...but I really need to invest in my own dehydrator! I borrowed one from my friend...it was pretty old and didn't work very well. Maybe next year!

I feel so blessed that our children LOVE fruit! They love all kinds and are really not picky about the skin or anything for that matter! Well, this picture shows the truth to that statement. This was the "discard" bowl... I turned around to see her eating the skins and sometimes the pit. Ahhh Bella, NICE!!! And I had a super fun night with you!!! Let's do it again next year!!! We tried to dehydrate some (our favorite!)...but I really need to invest in my own dehydrator! I borrowed one from my friend...it was pretty old and didn't work very well. Maybe next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment