Monday, October 13, 2008

Luke's First Fieldtrip



Wow, I'm really on a roll here with all the posts. One would be lead to believe that I had nothing better to do today. I woke up so excited to go on Luke's 1st fieldtrip. I think I was a bit MORE excited than he was. I laughed at this picture though because it looks like we squatted down in a gross field to take a cute picture of the two of us. We indeed did venture to the pumpkin patch with his preschool friends. We just happened to be in the one angle that didn't have any pumpkins around. I think it's pretty funny!



I'm so bummed because I had accidentally switched my camera to a different setting (not on purpose)...so about 5 of the cutest shots were overexposed. I did what I could to "doctor" them up. The kids had soooo much fun getting dirty, jumping around & getting to pick a pumpkin. Speaking of which...I only brought $5 bucks thinking that would definitely be enough for a pumpkin. So I went up to pay for it and the gal weighed it and said,, "that will be $4.60" WHAT? Are you kidding me...it's a pumpkin! Hey, I'm on a tight budget these days so I told the gal, "Oh, you know what, I think I'm going to have to change my mind. That is way more than I want to spend." Then I hear from the car, "Mom, that's my little pumpkin I picked out all by myself." AAHHHH RATS! I'm THE biggest sucker for Luke. What could I do? Come home on his first ever pumpkin patch fieldtrip WITHOUT a pumpkin? So I ended up buying it and probably insulting the poor farmer lady by saying not so nicely that her pumpkins were overpriced! I thought I saw them at WalMart for $3 bucks for any size. Anyways, needless to say we will be carving just one pumpkin this year...our almost $5 dollar pumpkin.



I promise they were having fun...even though this shot shows otherwise.



Luke held on to this gross looking ear of corn the entire time. He finally threw it back to the field because I convinced him that the field mice LOVE eating the "leftovers." I'm such a nice Mom!

No comments: