Monday, October 13, 2008

Race For the Cure...Mom & Beck

I've been going through all my pictures that I've saved on the computer and found these and thought I should post them, mainly because I plan on printing my blog every year and I'd like these special memories included. Back in May of this year Becky sent me these pictures of the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure. Mom, Becky, Aunt Gracie (and a bunch of their friends)walked the whole thing...OK her doctor said she could cheat. So she did, but just a little. I'm so proud of her!! This is just the epitome of who my mother is, STRONG!! When they walked this race...it seems that she just finished up radiation and was still pretty sick. I scrolled through all the pictures she'd sent and was smiling until I got to this one. Then (just like right now) I started bawling. This has been a very hard year for her and what made me cry the most is that I wasn't in the picture with them. I am so thankful to Becky, who has just about the sweetest heart you could find has helped Mom SOOOOO much with countless appointments, errands, cleaning, meals & most of all a shoulder of emotional support. You have a gift my sis!!! Have you ever considered changing careers?? Oh, nevermind, we would lose our airline discounts! No, really, I'm so very proud to be related to such strong women. I LOVE YOU TOO JEN!!! And of course this doesn't in any way discount my lovely bro, Abe either. OK, this mushy stuff doesn't mean that I have totally erased the hairpulling fights, hang-up on each other conversations, 'you'd better not cross my line of the bed' moments. I'm just very thankful for you all and what unconditional support you have been to Mom...especially the past year & 1/2! This is definitely the older sister talking! Can you tell? I love you!!!! It really is frustrating & quite frankly STINKS being so far away and not being able to help like you'd like to!!! Mom, you really do have angels circling around you!!


I just love these pictures of the two "sista's"

We LOVE you MOM!!! And miss you...

Here's to you little sis...

No comments: