Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A little of this & that...and stuff that makes me smile!

Yea...I finished sewing 10 aprons in a little less than a week. (plus a super cute skirt--but was late for church so I couldn't get a picture of it yet) I wish I had gone for the quality sewing machine instead of a cheap one. I should just be grateful that I have one...and I am!

I shouldn't say anything yet...but I hope that Mom & Becky & the boys can come in a couple of weeeks!! If the flights look good enough they will come up for Bella's 7th B-Day. I can't believe that she's turning 7. Yikes!! I really hope you can make it...it feels like FOREVER since I've seen you!!!

Oct 9th(ish) 2009

Luke-"Mom, Can I have bumpk beds?"
Me-"bumpk beds?"
Luke-"Yeah, bumpk beds...they are so cool mom."
Me-"What would you do with bumpk beds?"
Luke-"I would sleep on them and bump my head on them."

Luke-"Mom, Do we have any smarshmellows? To put in my hot cocoa."
Me-"Sorry we are all out of smarshmellows!"

He also was singing Yankee Doodle a couple of days ago...not the version I'm familiar with. Arggg. I hate it when I don't write things down right away. I'll have to ask him to sing it tomorrow.


A couple of Saturdays ago, I woke up to this note...

I came downstairs & asked "Bella, you didn't answer the phone did you?" She knows that the rule in our house is when Mom & Dad are still sleeping...no getting the door or the phone. "No, mom listen, Luke & I were watching cartoons & there was a commercial then this number came on. Mom, we need to call it and give them money. There are kids who don't have enough stuff & food. We already counted all our money. (me-looking at their piggy banks with all the money out & separated) Mom, we need to call them." I really love how Isabella is so thoughtful & compassionate for others. I ended up totally forgetting about this situation until the next week. She left another note which was so cute and plead her case for calling & helping again.


Jordan & I are going to a Love & Logic classes for the next 6 weeks. It has been rather interesting so far. I really like the gal who is teaching it & think any parenting class can only better Jord & I right?? Jordan is the only male in the class (which, BTW I think that if you are going to take a parenting class...you need both there, right?) I think he felt a little uncomfortable the first night. We are listening to the gal talk about how you develop your own "one liner" for if your child says no to something like, "aww, I'm sorry" or "I know". Something that's supposed to be empathetic. Well, my lovely sarcastic hubbie knocks my shoulder & shoves the pad of paper that he was writing on closer to me. He says, "this one is mine!" It said, "It sucks to be you!" Nice! I started laughing so hard. One thing I LOVE about him! He has just a GREAT sense of humor. The girl next to him saw what he had written and ratted on him. We are all friends & we all had a GREAT laugh!!! Can't wait till next week.

Jordan surprised us with inviting the fam to tag along with him on a business trip up to Schweitzer this weekend. It will be fun!!! The kids are sooo excited! Luke can't wait to get on ski's & Bella & I will keep the hot cocoa warm!

1 comment:

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Amanda...that is so sweet about your kids and wanting to send money via the phone number. So precious. How was Love and Logic? I've been to a few seminars at WSU about it, but never the full class. The information is wonderful (I think). Your children are beautiful!