Monday, February 23, 2009

Ski Weekend in Schweitzer


A couple of weekends ago Jordan invited the fam to go on a "business" trip with him up to Schweitzer. Of course we couldn't wait...I love the spontaneous trips!! They have turned out to be the best get-aways for us!! We left on a Friday soon as Isabella got out of school. Daddy took us out to 5th Ave Pizza. One of our fav's in Sandpoint, ID!! We ordered our favorite...CALZONES! Man, were they yummy & HUGE!!! The anticipation of staying up in a cabin at a resort brings back sooo many FUN memories. When Isabella was 2 1/2 years old were went on a family vacation up to BC...Big White Ski Resort. That trip stands out soo much because well for one, we haven't been on too many vacations/trips since the kids have been around and two because everything about that trip was just pure delight with Bella & Daddy!! Anyways...so then we pull in to the cabin around 7PM, checked the place out, help daddy set up his display stuff at the resort, watched Space Buddies & played the piano (I know, very nice cabin!). They were all booked up at the resort so Jordan asked one of our friends if we could stay at their place. SOOO NICE!! We felt super spoiled!! Ski-in & ski-out cabin, heaven for Jord!!

What a view!! When we woke up in the morning, it was so beautiful!!! Even though I am not a skier--there is something about ski resorts that I just LOVE!!! The mountains were amazing! I really & truly feel so blessed to live in such a wonderful & breathtaking place!! Jordan had to work early Saturday so the kids and I played in the snow & walked down to the resort. Jord & I promised the kids that we would take them tubing later on that night.

The kids definitely held us accountable for tubing. Which we didn't mind because we LOVE it anyways!!! I was stunned when Isabella with her shy demeanor started talking with the rope tow gal & guy. I was even more stunned when I saw that she asked a girl to go down with her. WHAT??? Isabella made friends with a girl named Jordan from Bellevue, WA. They were pretty much inseparable the entire rest of the two hours. I loved that Isabella saw that she could make
friends and not be so intimidated!!
Isabella and her new friend, Jordan.
Luca & Daddy enjoying many trips down the mountain together!!!

Bella & Luca playing in the massive snow piled up in front of the cabin. SOOOOO much FUN!!

I love making fun family memories!! First time daddy had to work on Sunday. Yuck! We missed him but also had some CRAZY snowball fights (...IZZY!!), tumblings down the hill & small hikes!!
I hope these two have this same relationship in 20+ years!! LOVE these guys!

We also were spoiled with a hot tub at the cabin. The kids LOVED that...oh, so did Dad!!
Luke had his first ski lesson by Daddy.

Jordan said he did GREAT for the first time! A natural athlete. Didn't get those genes from me! Jord & I get so excited for our kids to learn something new...especially when THEY are excited about it!! After a couple hours they came in and we went out to eat at a place that I cannot remember but the locals said it's "the" place to be. We had worked up some healthy appetites!!! While waiting to be seated Luke strolled over to a hostess area that wasn't being used for a moment...he came back with the look of--uh oh, I'm about to get busted for doing something wrong. You know, that look? I asked him what was wrong and he said that he was so thirsty that he took a drink of that stuff and it was icky. Oh no! I went over to the station thinking I was going to find that he had tasted his first cleaning solution, but found a water bottle that someone had left (or an employee was saving). It was clear, so I opened it to find that it was the most powerful smell of alcohol. NICE, Luke! I asked Jord to go over and smell it & he came back smiling saying, "yep Luke definitely had his first taste of alcohol, it was probably the strongest Vodka-Everclear!" Yikes! I took him immediately to the bathroom to rinse his mouth. He said that he just touched it with his tongue. Who knows. Lesson learned by parents, when your kids ask you for a drink of water for the millionth time, please give it to them!!! Lesson learned by child, "Mom, I'm never going to take a strange drink again"...Thank you and will that resonate throughout your ENTIRE middle school, HS & adulthood PLEASE!! He was fine & acted normal the rest of the night so that lead us to believe indeed that it was a tongue taster. We also let him know that we were very proud of him for telling us the truth. Our hope as parents is that we will be able to raise Bella & Luca so that if they ever need to they can come tell us the truth.
Isabella was kind of bummed that she didn't ski this trip but equally just as excited to be playing outside in the snow!!

Horray for a successful business/family trip. Thank you Schering-Plough Intervet (Jord's work)!! I can't wait for our next family adventure. I'd LOVE to go to visit Mom & Dad while he gets released as the Mission President in Toquerville in March--but don't think that's going to happen. We are with you guys in prayers & phone calls...Mom & Dad XOXOXOXO!!!! I'd love to get my hands on that cutie Tyler in Portland soon!! We haven't met him since he's been born & the kids keep asking about taking that trip too. Of course, I'd love to visit my family too!!! Speaking of which, I hope that Becky, River, Kanyon & my Mom make it this weekend for Bella's birthday. In the meantime, we will keep making fun memories around the house!!! We love and miss you all!!!!
Thank you Jord for giving up your skiing time (which I know you covet these days!!!) to spend time with us and only us (oh yeah, and a little work...after all it was a "business" trip)!!! You are the best Dad & husband ever!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

2 comments:

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Wow - what a beautiful place to enjoy time with family. Next time can I be one of your kids?

arah said...

how fun! I LOVE that pizza place too. Whenever we go up to schwietzer, which has been about 10 years, we stop there for pizza afterward. Yummy! Love the "cabin". oh, and happy birthday to Bella! Hope she has a fun birthday party this weekend.