Thursday, April 15, 2010

Guess who’s 8 ALREADY?

DSC01655 
I cannot believe you are already 8 years old.  Really.  It’s been about a month since you decided to be baptized & what a beautiful day it was!  This is from yo momma’s (had to put that in there) perspective.  The month started out with me rummaging through all of the hard copies of pictures that I have of you & putting them on our “birthday table”.  I cried as I went through them remembering back when you were a baldie, then at two when you had a fro of curls to now—beautiful straight hair.  Isabella, I hope that you know that you are a beautiful girl with a really big heart.   I love you soooo much! DSC01641
Looking through each picture brought back sooo many wonderful & some ‘not so wonderful’ moments’ (pooping on daddy the first time he ever changed a diaper—you just had to do that, didn’t you?  Also, having croup as an infant—scary especially for first time parents!!!)  Most of them were very happy times, Isabella.  Anyway, back to the baptism weekend.  You had some pretty special visitors here…
DSC01708 
grandma & grandpa Via (It’s ALWAYS hard to say goodbye)
DSC01707
grandma & grandpa Jeppson
DSC01712
Aunt Becky, Kanyon & River
You were attached to them the entire time they were here—Those visits are PRICELESS!!
DSC01664
Our very wonderful neighbors even came to support you!  What a wonderful opportunity to share the gospel with them.  I want this down on  record because you probably wouldn’t know it otherwise, but Izzy I really wanted to spotlight you.  I really did…but every time I even thought about it I would start to LOSE it---I mean full blown uncontrollable crying.  So daddy did it.  He did a wonderful job.  I hope that you will always keep the letter I gave you that morning close to your heart.  Sorry, too private to share here. 
 DSC01659
My favorite part of the day was right as you came out of the font you looked at me with the biggest smile & said “this is the best day ever, Mom.  I wish that I could get baptized every day.”  I hope that that feeling stays with you for many years to come. 
We got to come back to our home for some yummy chocolate Costco cake, at your request.  Along with many friends & family.  
What a wonderful day Bella…I am so happy that Heavenly Father sent your beautiful soul to our home.  I know & believe that this is a very important part of the plan to live with Him again.
DSC01630
grandpa’s little girl.
DSC01640
Who doesn’t love a BIG smooch from grandma??
DSC01649
Beautiful Aunt Becky, grandma Via & yo momma (I just like saying that..)
DSC01653
Duck, duck, duck, duck….GOOSE!
DSC01634 
Feeling the love from grandma Jeppson
DSC01633 
You begged me take this picture…I think you may need a your own camera soon.
DSC01662
Miss Chloe Jo & Riley are some of your biggest fans.  I wish I was more computer literate—because then I would know how to post a picture from Sheree with Jenny & Abbey D!!
DSC01650
I think Aunt Becky wants your bike!
DSC01656

What a tender picture!
DSC01718
Ahhh, the sis’s.
DSC01694
You know there’s trouble with these two around!  Luke, was that like your 6th donut?
DSC01668
Lots of yummy sweets & wonderful presents too!
DSC01682
This picture of grandpa makes me laugh.  Awww grandpa!
DSC01705
So sad that they had to leave.  But wonderful unforgettable memories made this short weekend in March!!

I do have to add…this Sunday you fasted for the first time.  I think that the little prayer helped because you asked me before church that if you got candy at church could you open it and eat it after.  I shared with you that  mommy & daddy usually break the fast with a prayer when we get home.  Well, sure enough you came to the RS room with candy in hand.  I noticed it but kept talking with a sister for quite a while.  I thought for sure you’d break into it.  I said nothing about it. We got home you put the candy down & ran upstairs to get changed came back down & said…”Mom can we say a prayer to break the fast now?”  I am so proud of you for waiting soooooooo long (late church time).  You are growing up way too fast for me!!!!  Now I will probably go cry on daddy’s shoulder again blubbering about how I only really have you for 10 more years.  BUT you will ALWAYS really BE OURS!!
I LOVE you Isabella Alyssa Jeppson!

No comments: