Monday, April 19, 2010

We heart Portland.

DSC01785
 We were able to tag along Jord’s work for a couple days on each end of spring break.  First the kids & I got to visit a vet clinic in Yakima that Jord has been talking about FOREVER !  I guess they have a couple dogs there whose name in Dozer & Reggie.  Every time Jordan comes home we hear stories about Dozer & Reggie.  The kids think that it’s THE best thing to go into Vet offices with Jordan.  Luckily, they are pretty laid back that the vets don’t mind.  Bella & Luca lived it up with swimming in the hotel pool every moment that we could.
Then the REAL fun began….Aunt Jill & Uncle Darren’s!!!

DSC01802
We LOOOOVVVEEE visiting!!   This trip was WAY overdue!  Aunt Jill had to work most of the short time we were there but that didn’t stop us from going to visit the kids favorite park.
DSC01749
Cole & Ben were SO nice to let Luke drive McQueen for

almost the entire day!
 DSC01751 DSC01752
 DSC01755 DSC01756
DOGGY PILE!

 DSC01761
The older boys had fun playing tennis.

 DSC01766
I think Uncle Darren thought Luke was going waaayy 

t-o-o-o  s-l-o-wwww.
 DSC01767
 DSC01768
We enjoyed a lot of yummy Popsicle's—first ones this year. 

We had GREAT weather!!
 
DSC01783 
Awww what a fun sleepover at the hotel you guys had!!  Then a HUGE all you can eat breakfast—Belgium waffles with strawberry topping & whipping cream, sausages & eggs…plus more.

 DSC01800 DSC01798

Lot’s of playing games!!

 DSC01816
DSC01818
Ty man snuggling with Jordan.  poor thing.  He wasn’t feeling too good when we were there.


 DSC01824
Thank you Aunt Jill's brownie sundaes!!  Luke was working on his second one of the night.  A boy after his mom’s own heart—for sure!
It’s always so nice to visit Jill & Darren.  They are ALWAYS such gracious hosts & we wished we could have stayed longer but can’t wait till the summer reunion.
We made our annual trip to the Columbia Outlet in Lake Oswego again &  a funny thing happened.  We had been in there for about a hour looking &  scoring on some great deals for Jordan &  the kids.  Jordan was paying &  I took the kids outside to run around for a minute before we headed back to Jill’s.  When Izzy came over to me and said something I couldn’t quite understand.  She said something about somebody doing something to a window display.  She said, “mom, you have to come look.”  And this is what I saw.

DSC01787
Um, yeah.  Luke, OUR Luke did that.  What?  Should I be really worried??  After I tried not to laugh to loud &  waited for Jord to see…I made him do this…

 DSC01788 DSC01789
Luke, Luke, Luke.  I’m worried ALREADY!

We had a really nice guy at the Portland Temple grounds take our family picture but it came out blurry & you can’t even see the temple.  Oh well.  It was a fun short stop.  Ahhhh, good memories there!  I can’t believe it will be 10 years in July.  What a fun trip we had.  We made a quick stop in Tri-cities where Jord had to work.  I took the kids swimming again & they were showing off all their moves (somersault under the water, “diving”)  It made them so happy!  Not quite sure if Jord is ready to take us on another trip for a while---kidding aside…we all had a GREAT time!

 DSC01784

1 comment:

Allison J. said...

I loved seeing the Temple pic! Rob and I haven't been back since we got married there!!! We need to go :)